Taj Falaknuma Palace HotelHyderabad, the 400 year old city is another emerging silicon valley of India after Bangalore and attracts tourists because of the rich heritage and historical importance at the same time. It takes approximately 30 minutes (about 15 kms from airport) to reach an oasis called the Taj Falaknuma Palace from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. This incredible destination in Hyderabad was given to Taj hotels on lease for 30 years by the 6th Nizam.
About Taj Falaknuma Palace HotelTaj Falaknuma Palace’s construction was started in 1884, and it was initially the private residence place for the Nizams of Hyderabad. The Palace has hosted some exceptionally special guests like King George V and Tsar Nicholas II. The palace has been built from Italian marble with a blend of Tudor architecture, the design is unique as the palace appears like a scorpion when taken a view from top, and the historic suits of the palace are located in the two stings of the design of a scorpion. Interiors of the palace are as antique as a museum housing artifacts from all around the world: Original Baroque frescoes, French tapestries adorning the public spaces hallways and walls, spectacular Osler chandeliers hanging from the ceilings of the palace are about forty in number and are Belgian by origin, all of this does justice to the royal and eclectic appeal of the palace.
Experience at Taj Falaknuma Palace HotelAfter Taj took it on lease in November 2000; the renovation and restoration process was completed in 2010 and it is now open for visitors and tourists as the royal aura of the palace is on display for the luxury seekers.
- Guests have the option of pick from airport and a shiny Jaguar or similar genre car will be sent to the airport to pick the guests.
- After one reaches the palace the porters take the luggage and your luggage will be safely transported to your respective rooms; and the guests will be transported to the reception room in a horse drawn chariot.
- At the reception, guests are welcomed with welcome drinks and cold towels along with shower of rose petals.
- The ballroom and the dining room are one of those unique parts of the castle. The dining room is one of its kind in the world as the rosewood carved chairs and dining table (108 feet and 5.7X2.7 feet area) has the capacity of 101 persons and the acoustics are such that a person sitting 180 meters apart can have a conversation in his normal pitch
- There are resident historians who give information about the palace if one is interested.
- There are 60 rooms available for guests as mentioned before and these rooms are a combination of history and modernity as the architecture is historical but all the amenities in the room are modern and advance. One can find duvets, pillows, flat screen TV, DVD player, WiFi, marble bathroom with soaking tub, and all natural bath products.
- As the palace is almost 2000 feet above Hyderabad one can get a fabulous view of sunset and sunrise.
- Food at the palace is to die for. There are two restaurants, Adaa and Celeste. Adaa offers Hyderabadi cuisine and Celeste offers Italian and Mediterranean food.
- There is a pub called the Hookah Lounge in Taj Falaknuma palace as well.
- The palace organizes musical evening once a week where local musicians put up a show for the guests.
- There are 240 employees for 120 guests which makes it 2:1 staff to guest ratio there by making the stay for the guests as luxurious and convenient as possible.
- There is Jiva spa in the palace which gives extraordinary spa services to the guests.
- Local tour guide can be arranged by the hotel for the guests to the nearby Chowmahalla Palace and other museums
Quick factsLocated in Hyderabad Falaknuma area it is in proximity to Nehru Zoological Park, Charminar as well as Chowmahalla Palace. Salar Jung Museum and Sudha Cars Museum are also nearby.
Address: Engine Bowli, Falaknuma, Hyderabad-500054, Andhra Pradesh
Phone: 040 6629 858
Room tariffs (per room):
Rs 30, 000 - Rs32, 000 for palace room queen bed or twin bed
Around Rs 90,000 – Rs 1, 50,000 for grand royal suite 1 bedroom with King bed
Wifi: around $ 13/day i.e. around Rs. 803
Check in time: starts at 2 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Check in policies:
- Indian citizen guests must provide a photo Identity card (other than PAN card) issued by the Government of India
- However, for cash transactions exceeding Rs 25,000 the Indian citizen guests need to produce their PAN cards
- Foreign nationals must present a valid passport and Visa
- Extra person charges may apply and vary depending upon hotel policy
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0