Hyderabad Cricket AssociationHyderabad Cricket Association, shortly referred as HCA flourished into an effective and legal governing body under the oversight of numerous illustrious personalities who encouraged the game of cricket competently within the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Hyderabad Cricket Association promotes the game of cricket by bringing forth plentiful opportunities for budding cricketers and their dream of representing national team at the international cricket circuit.
The Hyderabad Cricket Association is affiliated to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI - national establishment for all cricket in the country) and promotes cricket by organizing several league tournaments and national level tournaments for various age bracket which include Under-14, Under-16, Under-19, Under-22, and Under-25.
History of Hyderabad Cricket AssociationThe origination of cricket in the city of Hyderabad dated back to the year 1880 as the game of cricket in the city was first brought out by the British army. However, the role of the former Joint Secretary of Hyderabad Cricket Association is appreciable that he along with few other organizers and cricketers were the sole reason behind the formation of a governing body for cricket in the city known as Hyderabad Cricket Association.
It was Nawab Moin-ud-Dowla Bahadur who made the game of cricket in the city of Hyderabad to progress by his substantial support and endeavors. In 1930/31 marks, the launching of first class cricket tournament (Moin-ud-dowla Gold Cup) in the city which contributed a lot of valuable effects as numerous budding cricketers came out in the public eye. A total of three cricket teams took part in the tournament and they were Nawab of Moin-ud-Dowla XI, Maharaj Kumar of Vizianagaram XI and Hyderabad.
When Ranji Trophy domestic first-class cricket championship was commenced in the country during the year 1934, the necessity for a local governing body came up. This sparked off the establishment of Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) in April 1934 by a committee which comprised of DN Dittia, Ganesh Rao, Hussain Ali Khan, Mahmood Hussain Khan, Nadir Shah Chenoy, PF Durrand, Dattatriya, Rangannah and S.Ali Raza. The committee named Turab Yar Jung as the first President of Hyderabad Cricket Association.
Therefore, from the year 1934 until this date, Hyderabad Cricket Association has been the exclusive governing body of the game of cricket in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad cricket team, Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket stadium and other cricket activities in the state.
Accomplishments of Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)Hyderabad Cricket Association is far-famed for offering unconditional support to budding cricketers from the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, which impacted in the emergence of a lot of promising players in the history of cricket. The cricket association has given numerous legendary cricketers to the country which include
- C. K. Nayudu - Right-handed batsman and Right-arm slow medium bowler, first ever captain of the Indian cricket team in Test matches and first ever cricketer to receive prestigious Padma Bhushan award
- Ghulam Ahmed - Right-arm offbreak bowler, former Indian captain and former secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Motganhalli Laxminarsu Jaisimha - Right-handed batsman who was famous for his expressive style on and off the field and addressed as cultivated stylist in the cricketing circuit
- Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Tiger Pataudi) - Right-handed batsman and a right-arm medium pacer, former Indian cricket team captain, widely considered as the greatest Indian captain and recipient of prestigious Arjuna award and Padma Shri award
- Mohammad Azharuddin - Right-handed batsman, Former Indian captain and acclaimed as one of India's most successful captains
- Venkatapathy Raju - Left arm spinner, former Indian cricket team selector and looked at as one of the best spinners of his time
- Noel David - Former off-break bowler and a lower order batter and widely considered as the greatest fielder India has produced
- V. V. S. Laxman - Right-handed batsman, one of the best batsman Hyderabad has produced and recipient of prestigious Arjuna award and Padma Shri award
- Pragyan Ojha - Slow left arm orthodox bowler representing Indian cricket team and Mumbai Indian in Indian Premier League, presently ranked number nine in the official player rankings released by International Cricket Council
- Ambati Rayudu - Right-handed batsman representing Indian cricket team and Mumbai Indians in Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Tirumalasetti Suman - Right-handed opening batsman representing Mumbai Indians in Indian Premier League (IPL)
Eminence of Hyderabad cricket TeamHyderabad cricket team has taken part in every single Ranji Trophy Tournament from its institution and has exhibited a fabulous display by becoming victorious twice in 1937-38 and 1986-87.
In addition, Hyderabad cricket team has entered Ranji Trophy finals twice and semi-finals for about 16 times in the history. This comes as a solid proof for the range of administration at Hyderabad Cricket Association, and the dedication extended towards the game of cricket.
Quick Facts:Address and Contact Details
The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)
Gymkhanna Grounds, Secunderabad,
Telephone: (040) 27905676
The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium,
Uppal, Hyderabad 500 039
Telephone: (040) 27177842
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0