Medical Tourism in HyderabadHyderabad is a city with a rich cultural heritage. Tourists come to Hyderabad to visit age old monuments, amusement parks, markets and religious places.
Why is Hyderabad Famous for Medical TourismThere are a number of world class hospitals in Hyderabad. You will be surprised to learn that patients reach Hyderabad not only from cities in India but also from various other countries all around the world.
Good Transport Facilities for PatientsMedical tourism is further encouraged in this city due to good connectivity via trains, buses and air services. The tourist spots in Hyderabad further serve to heighten the spirits of tourists and consequently better healing!
Nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad, Hyderabad. Railway stations here are Begumpet Station, Hyderabad Station, Kachiguda Station and Secunderabad Station. Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) has a district service that connects Hyderabad to various cities and towns.
World Class Medical Services in HyderabadMedical tourism is what brings tourists and patients to Hyderabad. Due to air services, patients who need immediate treatment can be brought to the city conveniently.
Few reasons for superior medical services in Hyderabad are listed as follows:
- Medical services can be availed at affordable rates in Hyderabad.
- Well equipped hospitals with latest medical equipments and facilities.
- Well trained, skilled and highly qualified doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and other professionals required in the field.
- Hospitals have even provided translators in hospitals so that patients do not face difficulty in communicating their problems!
- Due to a good IT infrastructure in every hospital, patients take dates for operations and treatment well in advance and then reach here. So, there is not much waiting period in hospitals here.
- Good patient care and personal attention to patients.
- Savings up to 80% in cost of treatment as compared to medical costs in UK or US without compromising on the quality of medical treatment.
- Accommodation is easily available in hotels and means of commuting within the city --- cabs, metro rail, buses are convenient.
- The staff in hospitals speak fluent English which makes it easy for foreign patients to communicate.
- Patients sometimes combine their visit here with their vacations! You can easily avail of personal chef, translator, guides etc. at affordable costs.
- Adherence to medical standards and codes, professional ethics and accredited health facilities.
- Medicines and drugs are very easily available in Hyderabad. Even free home delivery facilities and 24x7 open store services are given by pharmacy stores.
- Travel agencies have good online presence and offer packages which comprise of traveling, boarding and lodging and treatment costs.
Government Support for Medical Tourism in HyderabadMedical tourism is carried out in consonance with private medical hospitals and the tourism department. To further encourage tourism in the city, the government has introduced a special visa category called 'Medical Visa' for patients. That's not all! Private hospitals have been given tax incentives too!
There are a number of hospitals offering alternative treatment for mild allergies, illnesses. These include Ayurveda hospitals, Homeopathy hospitals and yoga/meditation centres. And you may already be knowing about the much fascinating 'Fish treatment' in Hyderabad for asthma patients!
Read more: Wholesale Market in Hyderabad, Wine Shop in Hyderabad, Food Industry In Hyderabad, Orphanages in Hyderabad, Jails in Hyderabad, Luxury Hotels in Hyderabad, Small Scale Industry in Hyderabad, Fish Treatment in Hyderabad, Government Hospital in Hyderabad, Hyderabad Film Studio, Women Welfare Organizations in Hyderabad, Birla Mandir Hyderabad, Glass Bangle in Hyderabad, NIMS in Hyderabad, Holistic Healing Centres in Hyderabad, Railways Station in Hyderabad, Mosque In Hyderabad, Services in Hyderabad, Purani Haveli in Hyderabad, Hyderabad Library, Ambulance Service in Hyderabad, Hyderabad Cricket Association, Hills Station near Hyderabad, Hyderabad NGO, Salarjung Museum, Nizams of Hyderabad, Chowmahalla Palace, Charminar, Ramoji Film City, Clubs in Hyderabad, Hyderabadi Biriyani, Falaknuma Palace, Purani Haveli, Falaknuma Palace, Purani Haveli, Chowmohalla Palace