Medical Tourism in HyderabadHyderabad is a city with a rich cultural heritage. Tourists come to Hyderabad to visit age old monuments, amusement parks, markets and religious places. However, off late it is becoming a norm with states in India to promote tourism in relation to any specific area of excellence. After all, this is an age of specialization! Well, a good idea indeed. Hyderabad tops the list as far as Medical tourism is concerned.
Why is Hyderabad Famous for Medical TourismThere are a number of world class hospitals in Hyderabad. Added to state-of-the-art infrastructural growth in the health sector, the availability of trained professionals including doctors, technicians, IT personnel, hardware professionals, paramedical staff and NGOs has made it feasible to provide quality health care facilities to denizens of Hyderabad and also those coming from outside the city. You will be surprised to learn that patients reach Hyderabad not only from cities in India but also from various other countries all around the world.
Good Transport Facilities for PatientsMedical tourism is further encouraged in this city due to good connectivity via trains, buses and air services. The tourist spots in Hyderabad further serve to heighten the spirits of tourists and consequently better healing!
Nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad, Hyderabad. Railway stations here are Begumpet Station, Hyderabad Station, Kachiguda Station and Secunderabad Station. Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) has a district service that connects Hyderabad to various cities and towns.
World Class Medical Services in HyderabadMedical tourism is what brings tourists and patients to Hyderabad. Due to air services, patients who need immediate treatment can be brought to the city conveniently. Patients take prior dates for operation and even talk to their doctors on phone regarding their illness and mode of treatment that would be followed. After all, Hyderabad is an Information Technology hub too! Medical treatment and technology have made things easy for patients due to collaboration between patients, hospital staff and doctors.
Few reasons for superior medical services in Hyderabad are listed as follows:
- Medical services can be availed at affordable rates in Hyderabad.
- Well equipped hospitals with latest medical equipments and facilities.
- Well trained, skilled and highly qualified doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and other professionals required in the field.
- Hospitals have even provided translators in hospitals so that patients do not face difficulty in communicating their problems!
- Due to a good IT infrastructure in every hospital, patients take dates for operations and treatment well in advance and then reach here. So, there is not much waiting period in hospitals here.
- Good patient care and personal attention to patients.
- Savings up to 80% in cost of treatment as compared to medical costs in UK or US without compromising on the quality of medical treatment.
- Accommodation is easily available in hotels and means of commuting within the city --- cabs, metro rail, buses are convenient.
- The staff in hospitals speak fluent English which makes it easy for foreign patients to communicate.
- Patients sometimes combine their visit here with their vacations! You can easily avail of personal chef, translator, guides etc. at affordable costs.
- Adherence to medical standards and codes, professional ethics and accredited health facilities.
- Medicines and drugs are very easily available in Hyderabad. Even free home delivery facilities and 24x7 open store services are given by pharmacy stores.
- Travel agencies have good online presence and offer packages which comprise of traveling, boarding and lodging and treatment costs.
Hospitals in HyderabadWith so many beautiful monuments and modern parks, it is quite fascinating to note that it is the hospitals which are attracting visitors to the city. Patients from Europe, UK, Arab countries, African countries and US frequent to hospitals here in Hyderabad looking for good treatment the city hospitals are known for.
Hospitals in Hyderabad include Apollo Hospitals (Jubilee Hills), Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (Somajiguda),Fernandez Maternity Hospital (King Koti), Global Hospitals (at Lakri-ka-Pul, Banjara Hills and L.B. Nagar), Image Hospitals (in Ameerpet and Madhapur), Jayabhushan Hospitals (Santosh Nagar Colony), Kamineni Wockhardt Hospitals (King Koti Road), Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) in Minister road, Lotus Children's Hospital (Lakdi-ka-Pul), LV Prasad Eye Institute (Banjara Hills), Mahavir Hospital and Research Centre (Bhagwan Mahavir Marg), Matrika Hospital (Rajbhawan road), Mediciti Hospitals (Secratariat road), Medwin Hospitals (Raghava Ratna Towers) and Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) in Punjagutta.
Other hospitals which are also well known include Osmania General Hospital in Afzalgunj, Wockhardt Heart Centre in LB Nagar, Princess Durru Shehvar Children Hospital in Jubilee Hills, Rainbow Children's hospital in Banjara Hills, Sai Kiran Hospital and Kiran Infertility Centre, Star Hospitals, Care Hospital, Medinova, Yashoda Hospital, Gandhi Medical Hospital and Owaisi Hospital.
Patients come to Hyderabad for surgeries ranging from Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Kidney Transplant Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and other problems related to Surgical Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Orthopedics, Health check up, Oncology, Dental problems etc. These surgeries involve waiting time and are also expensive in other countries.
Government Support for Medical Tourism in HyderabadMedical tourism is carried out in consonance with private medical hospitals and the tourism department. To further encourage tourism in the city, the government has introduced a special visa category called 'Medical Visa' for patients. That's not all! Private hospitals have been given tax incentives too!
There are a number of hospitals offering alternative treatment for mild allergies, illnesses. These include Ayurveda hospitals, Homeopathy hospitals and yoga/meditation centres. And you may already be knowing about the much fascinating 'Fish treatment' in Hyderabad for asthma patients!
It is more about belief on the treating doctors, hospital and the place itself that people travel here as patients for treatment. Most of them are cured and return back with beautiful memories of places visited and the aroma of cuisine (especially Hyderabadi biryani). They vow to return again next time --- not as patients but as tourists!
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0