Small Scale Industries in Hyderabad
The industrial enthusiasm is contagious and happily propelling this 'Cyber city' towards growth and development. Such a positive scenario speaks volumes about achieving 'Vision-2020'!
District Industries Centres in HyderabadThese centres were established in 1978 with a view to assist entrepreneurs. All the services are available under one umbrella. These centres aid in self employment, development of SSIs and give clearance from government departments for setting up industry along with implementing programmes such as 'Prime Minister's Rozgar Yojna' to help educated but unemployed youngsters.
Government Initiatives to SSIsGovernment has encouraged setting up of SSIs in Hyderabad. A few initiatives by the government are mentioned below:
- Government has come up with industrial policies and investment subsidies to benefit small scale industries. For instance, 'TARGET-2000' announced a few years back has helped entrepreneurs.
- Government has provided monetary incentives to SSIs for enabling them to procure ISO-9000 Certification.
- In collaboration with NGOs and Industrial associations, the government has helped SSIs to upgrade technologically and modernize their machinery to produce quality products at par with global standards.
- Department of Electronics and CSIR have been encouraged to take up research work for better technological inputs into SSIs.
- Industrial Estate for Women Entrepreneurs (in Qutubullapur Mandal, RR District) set up to promote women entrepreneurs. ALEAP (Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of A.P.) proposes to establish Entrepreneurial Development Institute (EDI) for this purpose. Financial assistance, under the scheme of Integrated Infrastructure Development (IID) for Small Scale Industries, has been forwarded by Government for this industrial estate.
- State Level Inter Institutional Committee and District Level Committees have sought revival of sick SSI units, with help from banks and other financial institutions. Under the 'Critical Infrastructure Balancing Scheme', government gives funds to SSIs (identified under SSI Cluster Development Programme), to upgrade infrastructure which includes water supply, electricity, effluent treatment plants etc. A.P. Small Scale Industries Development Authority (APSSIDA) too has been constituted for the same purpose.
- Bio-technology Park (180 acres) has been established in order to promote small scale units working in the field of agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries, bio-technology, pharmacy, horticulture and manufacturing. It is situated in Turkapally, Shamirpet, R.R. district.
- Hyderabad is basically a city known for information Technology, hence the name 'Cyber city'. STPI (Software Technology Park of India) is the cyber technology park here. There is Hitec City in Madapur (R.R. District), built over 150 acres, and a hub of IT companies. For encouraging business, Apparel Export Park, Hardware Park, Biotech park and Export Promotion Park have been established.
Small Industry Associations in HyderabadAll India Manufacturers Association
APIIC Building, Industrial Estate,
Andhra Pradesh Oil Millers Association Ltd.
15-2-677, Kishan Gunj,
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
544, Street No.7, Road No.3,
Arora Colony, Banjara Hills,
Electronic Industries Association of A.P.
Near Osmania University,
IETE Building, Hyderabad
Bulk Drugs Manufacturers Association
Sanathnagar Industrial Estate,
Near SBH, Hyderabad-18
District Manufactures Association,
I.E.C.L. Bardari, Hyderabad-64
Important Phone Numbers in Hyderabad
District Industries Centre
Phone: +91 04023445533, 9989997667
The Commissioner of Industries
Chirag Ali Lane, Abids,
Phone: +91 040 23441600-06
Fax: +91 040 23441611
3-6-655, Narayanguda, Hyderabad
Present Scenario of SSIs in HyderabadThere are many public sector undertakings too in Hyderabad along with small scale industries. Industrial environment of Hyderabad is conducive for their growth due to availability of human resource and infrastructural facilities. Quarrying is negligible here and raw materials are procured from other neighbouring states.
Good infrastructural facilities such as connectivity through road, rail and air, electricity and water supply, banks, health and educational facilities etc. have contributed in industrial development of Hyderabad. People come here for employment and enjoy a good life in this mini-metro city!
Today, Small Scale industries foresee investment opportunities in fields such as:
- Agro Based Industries (Bakery products, instant mixes, vermicelli, confectionary and processing and packaging of snack foods)
- Textile (Embroidery work and ready made garments)
- Horticulture based Industries (Dehydration of Vegetables and cold storage)
- Mineral based industries (Glass mirrors, cement, laminated safety glass, Stoneware pipes, pearls processing, lac Bangles, Diamonds cutting/polishing, Information Technology, B.P.Os.)
List of Small-Scale Industries in Hyderabad
4 Front Industries
Shop No.2-134,Road No.4,
Shobhana Colony, Balanagar,
Hezma Plastic Industries (Industrial PVC)
6-31/9 Nacharam X Roads Nacharam,
Ikon Capacitor Industries (Industrial Capacitors)
B-6, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad-500055
Aquila Technologies (Industrial Testing Equipment)
Flat No 202 Gayatri Apartments,
AK Mineral Industries
F-320,Pearl Aparments, Begumpet,
Phone: 27764960, 27760213
A.K Leather Industries
Kala Pather, Hyderabad-500053
Ambika Cottage Industries
11-4-150/5, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad-500018
AMR Projects Private Limited
Sai Plaza, Krishna Nagar, T Road,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034
Phone: 23553583 23553584 23553585 23553586